Exciting Opportunity in New Role: Online Community Officer
Another exciting new position is available within our company.
Young Social Innovators (YSI) believes that young people are a powerful and largely untapped force for change in their local communities and in wider society. Promoting and leading the way in education for social innovation in Ireland, Young Social Innovators encourages, motivates and creates new opportunities for young people to actively participate in the world around them. To date over 40,000 young people aged between 15-18 yrs have become young social innovators in Ireland.
Young Social Innovators, now plans to develop and extend its on line platforms and opportunities for young social innovators. This new position is being created to help drive, implement and maintain these opportunities for young people. There are three main functional areas to the position:
1. Management & Moderation
2. Content editing, development and up loading
3. Analysis, planning and co-ordination
Management & Moderation
1. Drive online community engagement around a defined topic or topics
2. Manage and monitor online conversations and postings by participants.
3. Integrate company messaging into the online community in a compelling and valuable way for participants.
4. Identify and develop content for community members based on listening and participation in these conversations.
5. Respond to comments, when appropriate, in order to foster a positive community and add value to the participant’s experience.
6. Post relevant content in accordance with Content Calendars.
Content editing, development and up loading
7. Co-ordinate, manage and implement company’s on-line presence and online public relations, e.g. recruitment, participant, educators and stakeholder interests across all digital channels
8. Create and maintain Content Calendars, across Facebook and Twitter
9. Create and implement Social Media Guidelines
Strategy, Analysis, planning and co-ordination
10. Create and implement strategy to integrate social media into corporate culture across all YSI units and educate staff
11. Assist in development of overall social media strategy and integrated marketing campaigns including monitoring and evaluation tools and practices
12. Measure the impact of social media on the overall branding efforts
13. Keep up to date with new media and on line tools which can support the company strategy.
14. Help determine the role and voice of our various social media programs and how best to assess investment of time and funds.
15. Work closely with on line support agencies to create a coordinated and quality on line and digital media function within the company.
The Communications, Information and Technology Manager. The Officer will work as part of and contribute to the work of the Communications Team in Young Social Innovators and across the agency with the other Units.
• Ideally, 3-4 years of experience in the digital marketing space
• Undergraduate degree in liberal arts or communications, marketing, advertising, public relations, media studies, multi-media, business and/or related fields.
• Extensive on line experience and knowledge of broader social media world.
• Excellent web/digital media, project management experience.
• Fluent in development of optimization techniques to deliver the best user experiences in the most technically efficient manner.
• Editorial experience, Content creation and production
• Marketing (traditional, new media, guerilla and ‘word of mouth’)
• Good technical understanding and ability to master unfamiliar tools quickly.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Customer Service experiences a plus.
The key attributes for this position include:
• Self motivator
• Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into actionable information
• Excellent writing skills and a willingness to use them
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Ability to create great working relationships with all levels within the company and across multiple disciplines
How to Apply
Deadline for applications: 29th August 2012
Download Job Description: Online_Community_Officer.docx