Join Our Team
We are hiring a Communications, Marketing & Experience Manager
Location: Young Social Innovators, DCU Alpha, Old Finglas Road, Glasnevin, Dublin 11
Report to: Head of Communications
Young Social Innovators (YSI) is a national not for profit education body which provides transformative innovation processes and programmes for students primarily at post primary level in Ireland. Through YSI, educators, schools and communities facilitate and support youth led social innovation which benefits the development of youth and communities. This education empowers and strengthens youth voice and participation and develops active local and global citizens for today and into the future.
Since 2001, YSI has championed thinking and modelling around social innovation and entrepreneurial education. We want to give everybody an opportunity to use their creativity to respond to social issues and contribute to building a fairer, more caring and equal society. Everything we have ever created has been designed with this purpose. To achieve this, we empower and support young people to realise their potential as social innovators, giving them the skills and confidence to tackle the social issues facing them, their communities and wider society. Social innovation learning builds wellbeing amongst young people and communities and helps build a more inclusive, empathetic, fair society.
YSI is looking for a Communications, Marketing & Experience Manager who will be at the heart of promoting our purpose and brand; creating inspiring events for our youth participants; and, running marketing activities to engage, attract, and communicate with existing and new stakeholders. We are looking for a creative marketeer who is passionate about social innovation, learning and the opportunity to empower the future of our nation - youth and education.
This is an exciting opportunity where communications and education intersects our youth and communities to create real change for the communities that we live in. Our Communications, Marketing & Experience Manager will be at the cutting-edge promoting and leading our growth, impacting communities in Ireland and beyond.
The successful candidate will lead our small dedicated Communications & Experience Team comprising two other colleagues working in areas of event management, partner development and digital marketing, corporate communications, recruitment, communications and company productions.
You will be driven and passionate to make a difference; be a natural self-starter who enjoys working autonomously and as part of a collaborative team; be able to work across multiple projects simultaneously, and with ease; and, be able to coach and mentor a team to deliver their best.
You will have a breath of creative marketing, communications, partner development and event experience using digital to enhance your reach, message, and engagement. You will be able to demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal, teamwork and management abilities. He/she will have a particular focus on increasing and deepening our relationships with corporate, philanthropic, political sectors.
Creativity and Innovation: You will have a bias for conceptual, innovative and critical thinking. A strong appreciation of creative processes and how to activate these is essential.
Partner Relationship Builder: You have experience in developing and implementing successful partner development campaign strategies and implementation.
Communication and Teamwork: You will hold excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, and be able to work collaboratively across teams to build, enhance, and support our marketing, communications and event offerings to enhance social innovation for youths.
Flexibility and Versatility: You will be able to plan and manage multiple projects and deadlines with persistence and a drive for results.
General Management and Leadership: You will have strong leadership skills with the ability to engage, motivate and influence those around you. You will be a self-starter who thinks strategically and translates high level goals to well thought through plans, using resources effectively to achieve specific objectives. You will have led a team and managed a budget within an organisation previously. We are seeking a highly motivated candidate with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Lead, Manage and Develop the Function
- Direct management of team members, responsible for performance management, coaching, and team development
- Operationally responsible for Marketing, Brand, Creative Communications, Social Media and Public Affairs
Build, Develop, Promote YSI's Brand
- Grow and increase YSI’s brand awareness within education, corporate partners, government and political stakeholders, and youth participants
- Identify opportunities to promote YSI’s brand across all channels
- Personify YSI brand, tone of voice, messaging across all communication touchpoints
- Develop and manage monthly multi-channel social media calendar to achieve organisational communications objectives
- Create engaging digital content to tell the YSI story to existing and new target audiences
- Manage and oversee YSI website, blog, and social media content and channels
Develop Digital Marketing Strategy to Recruit New Schools and Partners
- Create and promote engaging content to drive traffic to YSI site
- Develop lead generation campaigns and relevant content to convert leads to prospects
- Plan, develop and share engaging partner specific communications and content to increase partner engagement and experience
Develop Marketing Strategy to Potential Corporate Partners
- Develop strategic approach to corporate and private engagement
- Develop and implement corporate communications to drive partner engagement
- Work with Partner Development Manager to support engagement and deliver commitments to sponsors
Manage Annual Events and Digital Programmes and campaigns
- Plan, project manage the implementation of digital youth engagement campaigns and events
- Maintain quality experiences for young participants at YSI events (on and off-line)
- Develop and implement integrated annual school recruitment campaigns
- Develop and implement sales strategy for YSI programmes
- Enhance teacher on-boarding journey with YSI programme through engaging on-line content and email outreach
Manage Public Affairs and Media Outreach
- Plan, develop and implement public affairs and public relations function for YSI
- Ensure all public affairs / media communications are on brand with appropriate tone of voice
- Ensure all external communications are relevant and positioned correctly to promote YSI’s social innovation and entrepreneurial education agenda
Essential Experience Skills
- 5 years’ in a similar role with a minimum of 2 years’ experience managing a team.
- Brand and stakeholder management experience.
- Excellent strategic planning and project management skills.
- Relevant experience managing and implementing partner development campaign strategies.
- Previous experience developing digital marketing strategies.
- Analytical and innovative thinking skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, work under pressure and a drive for results.
- Strong leadership skills and capacities to influence, motivate and engage those around you and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Full clean driver’s license
Location: DCU Alpha, Glasnevin, Dublin 11 (post Covid). Some travel (post Covid-19 restrictions) maybe be required to support the work.
Young Social Innovators is committed to equal opportunities and all recruitment decisions will be based on merit, suitability for the role and experience. All recruitment decisions will not be influenced by race, colour, nationality, religion, sex, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age or membership of the Traveller Community. Young Social Innovators fully endorses a working environment free from discrimination and harassment.
Young Social Innovators is committed to standards of excellence in Child Protection practices. The role of Communications, Marketing and Experience Manager will require the candidate to successfully complete the Garda Vetting process, which will be co-ordinated by Young Social Innovators.
To apply, please email CV and cover letter outlining how your skills and experience quality you as an ideal fit for this key position to email@example.com