Join Our Team! We Are Hiring an Erasmus + Specialised Local Leader!
Job Title: Erasmus + Specialist Local Leader Southern Leinster
Location: This a remote working position in Southern Leinster and will require travel. Full clean driver’s licence and access to Wi-Fi required.
Start Date: Immediate
Salary: €1,973.83 per month
Line Manager: Local Area Development Team Manager
Duration: Fixed Term Contract until June 2024
Hours: 21 hours per week.
About Young Social Innovators.
Young Social Innovators is a non-profit organisation that believes in the power of youth. Its vision is to empower, equip and inspire young people to change the world for good. Through its programmes, training and events, Young Social Innovators enables young people to grapple with difficult social issues, advocating reform and advancing change. Each year, circa 15,000 young people are supported to explore social and environmental issues that concern them and come up with a variety of responses to these. In this way, Young Social Innovators builds social capital and helps young people create a fairer and more caring Ireland connecting into a wider global movement for change.Heading 1
Purpose of the Role
We are looking for a Local Leader, based in the specified region, who believes in the power of social innovation and wants to contribute to making this initiative happen. The primary purpose of the role will be to identify and recruit new schools into Local Community Networks. He/she will build relationships with post-primary schools and help support and cultivate social innovation and entrepreneurial learning opportunities into both the school and community settings. The YSI Local Leader will develop a broad network within these areas to support the students, teachers and youth led innovative solutions and provide platforms for showcasing and recognising these at local level.
Duties of the Role
- Build relationships with post-primary schools in specific geographical regions.
- Recruit new schools to become part of the Young Social Innovators (YSI) Local Community Networks.
- Create a strong network of local support from principals, teachers and students in the local area.
- Build awareness amongst key community-based, public, private organisations and local enterprises at regional level.
- Support the delivery of the YSI programme/s in new schools.
- Communicate project updates and progression (report-writing) to the YSI team.
- Assist in building a framework for Erasmus + within the organization.
- Assist in creating a comprehensive working document of ways in which YSI can engage in development and networking activities.
- Help facilitate the learning mobility opportunities for students, education staff, trainees, apprentices, volunteers, youth workers and young people.
- A recognised qualification or level 8/9 equivalent (In accordance with the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) in a relevant discipline is preferred.
- A minimum of three years with demonstrable experience engaging or motivating people.
- Experience networking and/or working with educators, community groups and/or local enterprises.
- A self-starter with the ability to plan and use resources effectively to achieve specific objectives.
- Experience developing and implementing programmes relevant to the field of learning, youth, and education in Ireland.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple project workflows and deadlines as per project requirements.
- Strong IT Skills including G Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Understanding and appreciation of the not-for-profit sector context.
- Passionate about young people’s involvement in social innovation learning and entrepreneurship.
- Strong interpersonal skills including an ability to present information, communicate clearly and facilitate information/training sessions.
- Experience with Erasmus +
Young Social Innovators is committed to equal opportunities and all recruitment decisions will be based on merit, suitability for the role and experience. All recruitment decisions will not be influenced by race, colour, nationality, religion, sex, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age, or membership of the Traveller Community. Young Social Innovators fully endorses a working environment free from discrimination and harassment.
How to Apply
Please send a comprehensive CV with a cover letter – outlining what you can bring to the role – to our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:30pm on Friday 1st December 2023.
Please note: YSI is seeking people based in the target geographic location set out above.