Join Our Team
Position: Education Administration Officer
Location: DCU Alpha, Old Finglas Road, Glasnevin, Dublin 11 (Pending public health and safety: Currently remote working in place)
Report to: Social Innovation Programme Manager
Young Social Innovators
Young Social Innovators (YSI) is a national not for profit organisation providing transformative social innovation programmes for students primarily at post primary level in Ireland. Our social innovation programmes empower and strengthen youth voice and participation and develop active local and global citizens.
The Opportunity and Purpose of Role
YSI is looking for an Education Administration Officer to provide dedicated support to our Learning and Practice Team. This person will contribute and add value to a range of work within the team such as the organisation and support of Social Innovation Programme offerings; the Annual Education Calendar of events; reporting and data systems co-ordination and school communications.
You will be Passionate, Positive and Motivated! Passionate about working in a not for profit organisation which empowers young people in Ireland Positive around working in a fast paced environment! Motivated and a self-starter who wants to make a positive contribution to the vision and mission of YSI.
You will have experience in administration, organisation, dealing with customers, working as part of a team and a keen interest in education and youth development and working in the not for profit sector.
Key areas of Focus
- School Programmes
- Assist in the creation of a calendar of activity and milestones for each of the programmes
- Help organise the school recruitment data to ensure that school application registrations move to project outlines efficiently.
- Organise the Certification of students, educators and schools participating in each programme
- Prepare summary information on selected projects in senior programme
- Co-ordinate project report data for evaluators
- Help organize meetings of different groups including trainers, local leaders, school communications and so on
- Support the organization of the schools, teachers, students attending various events including Speak Outs, Workshops, training, Den, Elevate, Awards and so on.
- Providing support to Local Leader Team Manager around local showcase events
Dissemination of Information
- Disseminate circulars, emails, letters and packages to the school and wider network as required
- Support recruitment campaigns as required
- Administration support to the various IT systems including Moodle, Salesforce, data base, mailchimp
- Troubleshooting with online components around online systems for programmes
- Be a member of the Operations Team to assist the overall administration and operations within the organization.
- Attend bi-weekly Operation Team meetings
Data Collation and Reporting
- Support collation and analysis of reports on programme delivery
- Create presentations of programme reports
- Create new reports as require
- Reporting on Moodle participation and up take
Team and Manager Support
- Administration support to the Learning and Practice Team and Head of Education
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
|Minimum 1 years’ experience in a similar role||X||-|
|Experience of the not-for-profit sector is an advantage||-||X|
|Excellent verbal and written communication skills||X||-|
|Experienced IT skills in Microsoft Office suite||X||-|
|Good time management skills||X||-|
|Good attention to detail||X||-|
- Flexible, adaptable and self-confident
- A self-motivator with the ability to work on own initiative as well as an integral part of a team
- Versatile and results oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Pro-active and positive attitude to own personal development and to the development of the organisation
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a cover letter to: HR@youngsocialinnovators.ie
Young Social Innovators is committed to equal opportunities and all recruitment decisions will be based on merit, suitability for the role and experience. All recruitment decisions will not be influenced by race, colour, nationality, religion, sex, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age, or membership of the Traveller Community. Young Social Innovators fully endorses a working environment free from discrimination and harassment.