Join Our Team! We are Hiring IT & Data Co-ordinator
Position: IT & Data Co-ordinator
Report to: Head of Finance and Governance
Contract: Full time
Salary Scale: €35,000 - €45,000
Young Social Innovators
Young Social Innovators (YSI) is a national not for profit organisation providing transformative social innovation programmes for students primarily at post primary level in Ireland. Our social innovation programmes empower and strengthen youth voice and participation and develop active local and global citizens.
Consider joining our passionate and multi-talented team with a great vision ‘to inspire, empower and equip young people to change the world for good.
Purpose of this Role
The system and Data Specialist is responsible for coordinating IT and Data systems across the Organisiation. This role works closely with the Head of Finance and Governance; Office Co-Ordinator and YSI’s various IT providers. The role provides a centralized point of contact for all systems and IT operations within the Organisation.
You will be highly enthusiastic and passionate with a track record of proven experience working in a professional office environment. A great team player who is eager to make a difference by contribution to YSI’s work.
You will be organised and have good time and project management skills, with an ability to prioritise conflicting priorities. You will be highly proficient in technology and Microsoft applications, and general office systems and procedures.
You will hold excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills and be able to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation as well as with stakeholders and external agencies/suppliers. You will be highly motivated, a self-starter who contributes to a positive work culture and you will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment on multiple cross cutting projects.
- Website content Management & Update – in collaboration with YSI Communications and Learning and Practice Teams
- Website development, coordination with 3rd party developers
- Testing & quality assurance of Website changes
- Manage monthly SLA, acting as point of contact for general change requests between YSI and web supplier
- Review web content, links, and design; provide necessary updates and enhancements in a timely manner
- Monitor site security; reports suspected or actual security breaches and denial of service attacks to Management Team
- Implement appropriate security measures such as firewalls or message encryption
- Manage internet and/or intranet infrastructure including but not limited to web, file transfer protocol (FTP), mail servers, and news
- Identify useful site performance metrics; collects, tracks, records, compiles, analyse, and report site usage data
- Conduct user testing and use analysis to assess usability and effectiveness of site; recommend improvements based on analysis.
- Troubleshoot user issues on website and database
- Communicate with site visitors and users regarding site updates, anticipated and unanticipated downtime, and resolution of bugs and outages
- Draft, document, and implement backup, recovery, and business continuity plans
General IT Oversight
- Manage support contract with IT support provider (currently CK Solutions)
- Management of main server & back up of same (co-ordinating with IT support provider)
- Management of IT contracts and renewals – including software
- Management of hardware and maintenance equipment register
- Arranging IT set up for new starter and close off for leavers
- Co-ordinate the integration of YSI’s IT and Data Systems
- Assisting in the creation of YSI’s IT and data strategy
- Lead on the delivery of YSI’s IT and data Strategy
- Project Manage upgrade projects to existing YSI system – including co-ordinating the testing of functionality
- Assist in on-boarding of new IT systems and software as required
- To ensure the integrity of YSI information systems
- To control access to data system to safeguard against data corruption
- Support the Head of Finance and Governance in leading the YSI’s data & IT design team
- Champion continuous improvement and quality assurance in YSI data systems
- Act as a central resource for all statistical information for the management team
- Collate statistics into accessible reports, e.g. management report; board report; funder report; annual report
- Reporting to management on participation trends and analysis of engagement.
- Assist research and monitoring functions by working with, e.g. CEO, Researcher, Evaluator and other team members in project work
Support the Head of Finance and Governance
- Member of the Finance and Governance team
- Support in the on-boarding and training of new and existing staff members around IT and Data systems
- To assist the Head of Finance and Governance and wider management team in decision making around IT and Data systems
- Ad hoc duties as agreed with the Head of Finance and Governance which support the IT and data systems objective of the Organisation
- Relevant experience of managing a database & in a similar role
- Expert level knowledge of Access
- Thorough understanding of website design and administration.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Fluency with markup and programming languages including HTML, XML, Java, and CSS
- Strong teamwork skills
- Excellent IT skills using Microsoft Office
- Excellent writing, verbal and presentation skills
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a relevant discipline is an advantage
- Passion for education, youth, or children an advantage, but not required
Location: This role is based in our Dublin office 2 days per week with remote working available on the other 3 days. Suitable access workspace and to Wi-Fi is required to avail of remote working option.
How to Apply: Please send a comprehensive CV with a cover letter – outlining what you can bring to the role – to our HR department at email@example.com by midnight on Sunday the 26th of June 2022.
Young Social Innovators is committed to equal opportunities and all recruitment decisions will be based on merit, suitability for the role and experience. All recruitment decisions will not be influenced by race, colour, nationality, religion, sex, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age or membership of the Traveller Community. Young Social Innovators fully endorses a working environment free from discrimination and harassment.