Join Our Team! We are Hiring Office Co-ordinator
Position: Office Co-ordinator
Location: DCU Alpha, Old Finglas Road, Glasnevin, Dublin 11 (Pending public health and safety; currently, remote working in place but the candidate should be prepared to return to the office full-time)
Report to: Finance and Governance Manager
About Young Social Innovators
Young Social Innovators (YSI) is a national not for profit organisation providing transformative social innovation programmes for students primarily at post primary level in Ireland. Our social innovation programmes empower and strengthen youth voice and participation and develop active local and global citizens.
Consider joining our passionate and multi-talented team with a great vision ‘to inspire, empower and equip young people to change the world for good.
YSI is looking for an experienced office co-ordinator who has the passion, drive and energy to work with our dedicated team and who can bring their organisation ability to support our work with young people and educators.
You will be highly enthusiastic and passionate with a track record of proven experience working in a professional office environment. A great team player who is eager to make a difference by contribution to YSI’s work.
You will be organised and have good time and project management skills, with an ability to prioritise conflicting priorities. You will be highly proficient in technology and Microsoft applications, and general office systems and procedures.
You will hold excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills and be able to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation as well as with stakeholders and external agencies/suppliers.
You will be highly motivated, a self-starter who contributes to a positive work culture and you will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment on multiple cross cutting projects.
- Organise and co-ordinate office operations and procedures
- Establish and implement office procedures and practices
- Maintaining the general upkeep of the premises (in conjunction with DCU staff)
- Responsibility for onsite hardware and maintaining equipment register
- Manage office supplies and stock; ordering, receipt and stock takes
- Responsible for office booking systems
- Key member of Operations team – co-ordination/minute taking
Front of House/Facilitation
- Responsible for front of house and greeting of visitors to DCU Alpha including office
- Phone system management and reception of visitors and manage the booking of meeting spaces
- Management of YSI’s admin and info Email inboxes
- Facilitation of meetings such as board and committee; management and staff meetings including scheduling appropriate meeting times, booking rooms and refreshments or online resources, and give support with managing online meetings
- Interact with clients and customers
- Responsible for distribution of post to relevant staff members
- Responsible for outgoing postage and mailing system
Human Resource Support
- Administration of starters and leavers process
- Maintaining leave records
- Supporting Finance and Governance Manager on updating of HR policies & procedures
- Assemble training documentation and communications packs as directed
- Co-ordinating and booking training for Staff & Manager
- Collate and maintain Training Records
Governance Support To provide support to the Finance and Governance Manager around the following:
- Administration of risk register
- Preparation of papers for Board and Committee meetings
- Support the Finance Manager in ensuring all Health and Safety requirements including risk assessment, contingency management, and mandatory training are in place and adhered to
- Provide administrative support to the Finance and Governance Manager as required
- Provide administrative support to the CEO as required
- Supporting the production of reports, letters and presentations
- Web based research
- Support YSI events as required
- Provide administrative support to the YSI team as required
- Operational support for leadership team such as travel and meetings and correspondence when needed
- Data inputting as required
- Other duties as required to support wider organisation’s delivery on strategic goals
|Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role||X||-|
|Experience of the not-for-profit sector is an advantage||-||X|
|Excellent verbal and written communication skills||X||-|
|Experienced IT skills in Microsoft Office suite||X||-|
|Experienced website administration||-||X|
|Excellent time management skills||X||-|
|A third level qualification desirable||-||X|
|Proficient in project management||-||X|
|Excellent attention to detail||X||-|
- Flexible, adaptable, and self-confident
- A self-motivator with the ability to work on own initiative as well as an integral part of a team
- Versatile and results oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Pro-active and positive attitude to own personal development and to the development of the organisation
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a motivational letter to HR@youngsocialinnovators.ie
Young Social Innovators is committed to equal opportunities and all recruitment decisions will be based on merit, suitability for the role and experience. All recruitment decisions will not be influenced by race, colour, nationality, religion, sex, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age, or membership of the Traveller Community. Young Social Innovators fully endorses a working environment free from discrimination and harassment.