We are currently hiring a Communications & Marketing Manager
YSI is looking for a creative an, dynamic Communications expert who can bring a range of experience to YSI, enhancing its digital communications, campaign and marketing functions, events and stakeholder experiences. This person will be at the heart of promoting our purpose, and brand, sharing our impact and amplifying the voice of young people locally and nationally.
YSI is looking for a creative person who is passionate about social innovation and the opportunity to empower the future generation of innovators. He/she will understand the not-for-profit sector context and its ‘can do’ mindset and will work with the Communications team to ensure quality communications and customer experiences for key stakeholders in YSI.
The Communications and Marketing Manager will be part of the Senior Management Team.
Leadership: You will be experienced in team management and supporting a team to deliver projects to agreed timeframes and to a high quality. You will be a self-starter who thinks strategically and translates high level goals to well thought through plans, using resources effectively to achieve specific objectives. You will be both a thinker and a doer!
Digital Communications: You will be experienced and creative in the use of digital technology, and website and social media platforms to support and enhance company strategy from recruitment and engagement to the promotion of youth voice and the impact of YSI.
Project and Events Management: You will have a proven track record in the effective planning, management and delivery of multiple concurrent projects and events with persistence and drive for quality results.
Innovation and Creativity: You will be naturally creative, competent in visual design, enjoy idea generation and demonstrate innovative and strategic thinking in the communications and marketing campaigns you manage alongside ensuring quality implementation.
Communication and Teamwork: You will hold excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills and be able to work collaboratively within the Communications team and across the organisation to build, enhance, and support our marketing, communications, and event offerings.
Reports: Reports to this role will include our Events and Operations Officer as well as our Digital and Campaigns Coordinator.
Recruitment, Sales and Promotion
- Develop and implement an integrated marketing and communications strategy for target audiences to support recruitment and uptake of YSI offerings.
- Oversee design and production of organisation communications publications, ensuring quality delivery against agreed budget and timelines (e.g. promotional materials, e-newsletter, social media content, video productions, email marketing, presentation decks etc).
- Oversee the planning, design, delivery and promotion of YSI’s annual regional, national and virtual events ensuring a quality experience for youth, educator, partner and wider stakeholder participants.
- Manage, oversee and quality control YSI website content development ensuring it is kept up to date and relevant to target audiences.
- Oversee the scoping, briefing, costing and delivery of new digital projects/website functionality to support marketing and recruitment strategies.
- Oversee the management, creative strategies and growth of YSI’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube).
- Manage digital engagement campaigns for key stakeholders to include strategy, messaging, design, planning, implementation and reporting.
- Provide day to day support and management for staff members within the Communications team, including performing quarterly and annual staff reviews and appraisals.
- Manage budgets and oversee commissioning of external suppliers / agencies and the delivery of contracted communications and website-related work / services.
- Ensure all communications collaterals, promotional activities and engagement events are produced to a high standard and that they adhere to organisation brand values and guidelines.
Essential Experience and Skills
- Minimum 4 year’s experience in a senior-level busy communications role.
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline is preferred e.g. Communications, Digital marketing, PR etc..
- Strong strategic understanding and experience of e-marketing (e.g. Salesforce, Mailchimp, social media), and web content management (e.g. Expression Engine).
- Proven excellence in content creation for various channels and audiences including articles, blogs, social media, talks, reports, presentations etc).
- Strong written and editorial skills with ability to oversee the production of high quality, branded assets.
- Proven experience in the use of social media and google analytics as a tool for both reporting and strategic campaign planning.
- Excellent attention to detail with demonstrated experience of project management skills.
- Proven experience in staff management, coaching and development, and stakeholder relationship management.
- Pro-active and positive attitude to work.
- Desirable Experience and Skills
- Desktop publishing, design and multi-media skills.
Location: DCU Alpha, Glasnevin, Dublin 11 (post Covid). Some travel (post Covid-19 restrictions) maybe be required to support the work.
How to Apply
To apply, please email CV and cover letter outlining how your skills and experience qualify you as an ideal fit for this key position to firstname.lastname@example.org. End date for receipt of applications: Wednesday, 14th July 2021. You will be asked to submit some portfolio samples if called to interview.
Young Social Innovators is committed to equal opportunities and all recruitment decisions will be based on merit, suitability for the role and experience. All recruitment decisions will not be influenced by race, colour, nationality, religion, sex, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age or membership of the Traveller Community. Young Social Innovators fully endorses a working environment free from discrimination and harassment.
Young Social Innovators is committed to standards of excellence in Child Protection practices. The role of Communications and Marketing Manager will require the candidate to successfully complete the Garda Vetting process, which will be co-ordinated by Young Social Innovators.