We are hiring for a Learning & Innovation Programme Manager
We are growing and there is a great opportunity to join our team! We are currently looking for a Learning & Innovation Programme Manager to join our Learning & Practice Team! The ideal candidate will share our passion and drive to make social innovation learning an option for all students in Ireland!
This is a key role that will be responsible for directing YSI’s Schools’ Programmes and Social Innovation Learning Lab, as well as enhancing and developing new initiatives and programmes.
Does this sound like you? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
Position: Learning and Innovation Programme Manager
Location: Young Social Innovators, DCU Alpha, Old Finglas Road, Glasnevin, Dublin 11
Report to: CEO
Young Social Innovators
Young Social Innovators (YSI) is a not-for-profit education body which provides transformative innovation processes and programmes for students, primarily at post primary level in Ireland. Through YSI, educators, schools and communities facilitate and support youth-led social innovation, which benefits the development of youth and communities. This is education which empowers young people, strengthens youth voice and participation, and develops active local and global citizens for today and the future.
Since 2001, YSI is championing its thinking and modelling around social innovation and entrepreneurial education. We are passionate about empowering young people to use their insights, experiences and voice to collaborate in order to create a better world: one which is more equal, inclusive, diverse, and sustainable.
YSI is looking for someone who shares our passion and drive to make social innovation learning an option for all students in Ireland! S/he will be directing YSI’s Schools’ Programmes and Social Innovation Learning Lab, enhancing and developing new initiatives and programmes. They will hold a key management function to enable the delivery of YSI’s educational programmes for educators. So far, YSI has some 6 exciting programmes* for young people at post primary level with 7,000 students and hundreds of teachers participating every academic year and we are growing!
S/he will be taking the lead in these education programmes, ensuring quality delivery and development. S/he will have a breath of experience, 6-8 years minimum, in learning and education and be able to demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal, teamwork and project management abilities. S/he will also be passionate about social innovation, entrepreneurial and sustainable education.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
General Management and Leadership - Excellent leadership skills and ability to motivate those around them. A self-starter who thinks strategically and translates high level goals to well-developed plans and systems. Ability to use resources effectively to achieve specific objectives.
Programme/Module development - Excellent skills in conceptualising, designing and testing new educational modules for students and educators.
Creativity and Innovation - Ability for conceptual, innovative and critical thinking. Involvement in design-based and innovative methods would be advantageous. Appreciation of creative processes and how to activate these.
Communication and Teamwork - Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, with the ability to represent strategic priorities and to assimilate and share learning with others internally and with external agencies.
Flexibility and Versatility - Ability to plan and manage multiple projects and deadlines. Open to travel to different parts of Ireland to support teams and attend some weekend meetings (public health safety permitting).
Relationship Builder - Working closely with other managers in the identification, formation and development of a range of key education stakeholder relationships in order to advance YSI’s social innovation programmes.
- A degree or level 9 equivalent (In accordance with the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ)) in a relevant discipline is preferred.
- A minimum of 6-8 years’ experience in the field of learning and education in Ireland.
- Proven skills in managing key stakeholder relationships and demonstration of partner development work.
- Strong, efficient project and people management skills.
- Strong IT Skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Understanding and appreciation of the not-for-profit sector context.
- Passionate about young people’s involvement in social innovation learning and entrepreneurship.
- Young Social Innovators is committed to standards of excellence in Child Protection practices. The role of Education Manager will require the candidate to successfully complete the Garda Vetting process, which will be co-ordinated by Young Social Innovators.
- Full clean driver’s licence required.
- Normal working base in YSI Headquarters, Dublin (public health permitting)
Manage and Direct Social Innovation Learning Programmes
YSI School Programmes here include: Social Innovation Action, Senior Cycle; Social Innovation Action, Junior Cycle; YSI Enterprise (Den & Elevate initiatives); YSI Robotics4Good; YSI Design for Change; YSI International Awards Programme.
- Manage and direct work of School Programme Co-ordinator including school programme workflow, such as applications, outlines, reports, evaluation and feedback on teacher dashboard.
- Manage, support and quality assure all current educational programmes and offerings to schools and teachers at post primary level.
- Manage and co-ordinate the school calendar.
- Manage and co-ordinate school communications and resources.
- Collaborate with Training and Learning Specialist to deliver training support programmes. Manage and quality assure the evaluation of student projects.
- Integrate new technologies into our programmes and enable use of systems and processes.
- Manage the Certification of students, educators and schools.
Design & Develop YSI School Programme Initiatives
- Lead and develop YSI School Programmes including Social Innovation Action, Senior Cycle; Social Innovation Action, Junior Cycle; YSI Enterprise (Den & Elevate initiatives); YSI Robotics4Good; YSI International Awards
- Support the design and testing of new educational offerings, e.g. QQI, YSI Design for Change
- Collaborate with Training and Learning Specialist, the Creative Instructional Designer and the YSI Learning and Practice Panellists to deliver support training for these programmes.
- Review and quality assure teacher dashboard and social innovation learning network of educators.
Social Innovation Learning Lab
- Manage and direct the design, testing and delivery of new educational modules and programmes for educators for delivery through the Social Innovation Learning Lab.
- Collaborate with Training and Learning Specialist and Creative Instructional Designer on the planning, design and delivery of new modules and resources.
Quality Assurance and Evaluation
- Quality assure educational practices, resources, training and delivery.
- Lead evidence-based and continuous improvement initiatives for school programmes.
- Manage process-based programme design approach and ensure maintenance of specifications in relation to programmes.
Stakeholder & Management Relations and Reporting
- Regular management reports on initiatives for internal and external use.
- Reporting and relationship building with education partners as required.
- Delivery of relevant commitments to education partners and sponsors as required.
Young Social Innovators is committed to equal opportunities and all recruitment decisions will be based on merit, suitability for the role and experience. All recruitment decisions will not be influenced by race, colour, nationality, religion, sex, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age or membership of the Traveller Community. Young Social Innovators fully endorses a working environment free from discrimination and harassment.
Applications and curriculum vitae should be sent to: email@example.com marked L&P Manager before 22nd February 2021 with a cover letter stating why you are a suitable candidate for this key position in YSI.
*YSI Programmes: Social Innovation Action, Senior Cycle; Social Innovation Action, Junior Cycle; YSI Enterprise (Den & Elevate initiatives); YSI Robotics4Good; YSI Design for Change; YSI International Awards Programme.