Join Our Team! We Are Hiring an Events & Communications Officer!
Title: Events and Communications Officer
Location: Young Social Innovators, DCU Alpha, Old Finglas Road, Glasnevin, Dublin 11 (Hybrid)
Report to: Head of Communications
Salary: 35-40k depending on experience
Young Social Innovators (YSI) is a non-profit organisation that empowers young people to use their talents, insights, passion and creativity to come up with innovative solutions to social challenges. Through fun and engaging programmes, students are supported to create team-based action-projects on issues they care about, putting their innovative ideas into action to bring about positive social change for the benefit of people, communities and the environment.
Young Social Innovators empowers young people to reimagine the world into one that is more caring, equal and fair, and to come together to bring their ideas to life. Through YSI, young people are given a voice and agency on the issues that matter to them.
As part of our Communications team, we are looking to hire an Events and Communications Officer to coordinate and deliver our busy schedule of regional and national events as well as the delivery of key partnership agreements. You will be an instrumental part of our team working with colleagues across the organisation to deliver high quality event experiences for young people and educators, promoting our brand, liaising with partners, and supporting the wider YSI team.
• Conceptualise, coordinate, and execute the planning and delivery of online and live events
• Coordinate and liaise with event contractors and vendors
• Provide event coordination and communications support for colleagues delivering services regionally
• Manage and report on event budgets
• Ensure high quality event delivery and superior stakeholder event experiences
• Coordinate delivery of key partnership agreements
• Manage activity plans and trackers to support delivery across teams
• Act as point of contact for key corporate partnerships
• Coordinate partner activity reportingGeneral
• Provide event and communications support across the organisation as required
- Flexibility and Versatility—You will have a proven ability to plan, manage and deliver multiple projects and deadlines with ease.
- Creativity and Innovation-You will have an ability for conceptual, innovative, creative thinking with a drive to get things done.
- Communication and Teamwork- You will hold excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills and be able to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation as well as with stakeholders and external agencies/suppliers.
- Relationship Builder- You will have excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to foster strong working relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Minimum 2-3 year’s experience in a similar events/coordination type role
- Excellent attention to detail with demonstrated experience of project management
- Experience in budget management and reporting is desirable
- Experience working with contracts is desirable
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite is essential
- Experience working with Google suite and Asana project management is desirable.
- Ability to work quickly and effectively on own initiative
- A Pro-active and positive attitude to work is essential along with a willingness to contribute to a positive work culture and environment.
- A genuine interest working in the non-profit sector and with/on behalf of young people is essential
- Ability to work under pressure managing and prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Full clean driver’s license
Location: DCU Alpha, Glasnevin, Dublin 11. Some travel may be required to support the work.
How to Apply
To apply, please email CV with a one-page cover letter outlining how your skills and experience quality you as an ideal fit for this key position to email@example.com. End date for receipt of applications: Wednesday 26th October 2022.
Young Social Innovators is committed to equal opportunities and all recruitment decisions will be based on merit, suitability for the role and experience. All recruitment decisions will not be influenced by race, colour, nationality, religion, sex, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age or membership of the Traveller Community. Young Social Innovators fully endorses a working environment free from discrimination and harassment.
Young Social Innovators is committed to standards of excellence in Child Protection practices. The role of Events and Communications and Officer will require the candidate to successfully complete the Garda Vetting process, which will be co-ordinated by Young Social Innovators.