Championing the SDGs
The workshop aims to increase awareness among teenagers around the UN SDGs and create leadership within school communities to champion and encourage action around the Goals. Integral to its format is the design of an SDG Champion Action Plan which some students will lead in the school community.
It will encourage young people to become champions for the SDGs and lead their school community in efforts to address the SDGs
These workshops are funded by WorldWise Global Schools.
By the end of this workshop student attendees should be able to:
- Identify the UN Sustainable Development Goals and at least three major themes within them.
- Describe the overall purpose of the SDGs.
- Understand how citizens can contribute to making the SDGs a reality.
- Identify at least three social justice issues that they care about at a local and global level, and how they relate to the SDGs.
- Recognise the values that are important to them and how these relate to the SDGs.
- Describe how they can act as champions for the SDGs in their school and effect change at a whole-school level, as young social innovators.
- Prepare an SDG Champion Action Plan that describes how they can promote the SDGs.
By the end of this workshop educators will be able to:
- Describe the overall purpose of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Understand how citizens can contribute to making these a reality.
- Identify the SDG goals and at least three major themes therein.
- Identify at least three social justice issues that they care about at a local and global level and how there relate to the SDGs.
- Facilitate a team of young people to understand the SDGs using a range of innovative tools and methodologies.
- Facilitate young people to champion SDG awareness and action within the school community.
- Develop leadership capacity around promotion of the SDGs within their school.