YSI Schools of Excellence Award
YSI provides prestigious Awards to secondary schools taking part in its social innovation programmes.
The YSI School of Excellence flag/plaque recognises the resilience and commitment of young people, staff and management to social innovation education and to building a fairer, inclusive and more equal world.
Schools become eligible for YSI Schools of Excellence Awards when, for at least two consecutive years, they fully complete a Junior or Senior Action Programme and participate in #YSIweek.
The Social Innovation School Awards scheme was developed in association with our public partners in Ireland: the Departments of Rural and Community Development; Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth; Education and Skills as well as WorldWise Global Schools and the Health Service Executive.
It was launched by an Taoiseach Enda Kenny in March 2014.
YSI Schools of Excellence Awards Launch
Our Schools Network
Hundreds of schools throughout Ireland have already joined our schools' network and discovered the benefits of youth-led social innovation education.
Members of our schools network share a common purpose:
- To develop young people as social innovators and entrepreneurs
- To advance the learning and practice of social innovation and entrepreneurship education amongst teachers
- To build character and self-belief in young people through social awareness and innovation
- To create a more fairer, more equal and respectful society
Members of our schools network share common values:
- Youth-led civic and social innovation
- Caring, co-operating, communicating and creating change for the good of the community
- Valuing the voice and opinions of young people
- Human rights, equality, inclusion, respect and fairness
Members of our schools network can gain access to:
- YSI Training workshops for teachers
- YSI Training workshops for young people
- YSI Social Innovation Action Programme (Junior and Senior)
- YSI School Accreditation System
- YSI Resources, Supports and Mentorship